Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Video Re-enactment of Me, 12 months in the future

So basically here's how it breaks down. I want another child, but the wife is not up for it. We are finally getting some breathing room with our first child as that she can now speak the king's english enough to where we know what she wants. She's a pretty bright girl at 20 months, she even tries to change her own diaper. Can feed herself, puts herself to sleep, the whole bit. The wife's not up for starting over again.

So the wife put down the gauntlet. If she has to be pregnant for 9 months and say 3 months of nursing, she can't have any alcohol. Therefore, I cannot have any alcohol either. Last time she was with child, I was a STAPLE at the margarita bars in Houston, now I have to do the whole shared sacrifice thing. I've done a month going dry twice for marathons, and of course had to do when I'm offshore for my job. But 12 MONTHS! So assuming we decide to have one more baby, I have found a great video re-enactment of my reaction after 12 months of going dry.

5 comments:

Bill Night said...

That video's heelarious!

12 months is a long time, but it's worth it. Also, even doctors in Texas will let a pregnant lady have a beer or wine once a week or so.

The American Don said...

Really? I think mine gave it up last time. I could probably just blog about root beer and non-alcoholic beer for a year.

Buy Soma said...

Hahaha... You really made fun of yourself! That's freakin funny!

Ms. Aisha said...

You are so foolish! For the record, while the doctor says I can maybe, possibly, have alcohol, I know that if there was ANYTHING wrong when that baby came out I would blame it on the glass of wine or beer that I had. I'd rather not take any chances.

If there's another kid coming, you're going stone cold sober, just like me. :) 12 months, minimum. BTW, I nursed the first child for six months, so I was sober for 15 months. How do you think you got so far ahead of me at Flying Saucer?

I think the vid is accurate if you have to go without beer for that long. You might actually be worse...

The American Don said...

Well if I have to go sober for that long, I'm doing another couple marathons.