Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sam Adams Longshot: Alex Drobshoff


I don't know who this dude is unlike Mike McDole, but Lord knows I could use some decent BOCK. And this dude put together a good one, a Traditional Bock to be exact. For those of you just joining us, Boston Beer Company (makers of Sam Adams) have put together a homebrewers competition, where the winner gets his beer brewed and distributed through Sam Adams. And seeing as how Sam Adams is everywhere, you can best believe your beer would be to. The contest is call the Longshot. I've only had experience with the Saint Arnolds version of this one called Divine Reserve, and usually DR sells out within a few hours in Houston. So you KNOW I couldn't wait to try this one.



Beer Log: Last night
State: Still upset about the damn onsite brewer law going down
Sam Adams Longshot Traditional Bock
Very fruit nose with a touch of alcohol. Ruby brown color with a bright tan head. Finally tasting it, I get a great smoothness, followed by sweet maltiness, a little hops, moderate body, and something like a bready cookie thing in the aftertaste. Very nice. Probably perfect for the style though I'd rather have a doppelbock, though this one is rather doppelbocky in strength. The more I drink it, I get more of a touch of alcohol with a hint of bitter chocolate. Well done Drobshoff. 4 Stars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you liked it.
Cheers,
-Alex Drobshoff

The American Don said...

Great job with the beer. Thanks for reading the blog!!