Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Beering with The Tudors


I’m sitting here watching the Tudors on DVR drinking on a Heineken Dark Lager. Man I was truly rooting for Mr. Aske and the boys, fully knowing through history that the rebellion against King Henry the VIII was not going to succeed. Anyway, I’m re-introducing myself into civilian life after taking the PE exam. If I pass the test, you’ll know. If I don’t pass, this blog will turn from a beer appreciation and beer hunter blog to more of “a confessions of a crying grown man”.

Anyway, let’s clear out the old notebook of beer travels.

First off this beer I had 3 months ago, I forgot to write the name down. It could have been the beer we traded for with the guys in Virginia, or just something we picked up at Specs. Maybe yah can figure it out.

Beer Log: January 26, 2009
Dark copper color and very clear with a very strong light tan head. Nose is bready, fruity, with plum/alcohol accent. It’s kinda bitter and bready with a nice balance of light syrup malt. Has a nice medium yet filling body. Very drinkable. I’ll call it a rounded beer. High 3 Stars

I’m thinking this is something like a strong bock.

January 30, 2009
Dominion Baltic Porter
Got this one with a trade with a guy from Virginia. I let the Misses set it up. Brown and ruby in the light. Tan head. Smells of malt and coholate with maybe touch of alcohol. Excellent strong malt, lightly roasty and medium-full bodied. Very low hops. Quick finish . 4 Star body baby, and a high 4 Star beer. If I ever get my hands on it again, I may give it the 5. Dominion did it just right with this winter seasonal. Malt bill is just off the imperial level with a caramel, chocolate, toffee, and licorice flavor as it warms.

Dogfish Head Worldwide Stout
The dawgs came on strong with a drak brown beer with a strong tan head. The nose is HIGH alcohol and serious caramel and toffee. WOW BEER. It’s a monster malt beer that is not imperial either. It’s kind of like they forgot to put the hops in there. Take some wort and add vodka. Force carbonate it up and call it good. 4 Stars.

No comments: