Saturday, July 21, 2012

Beer Brotha Movie Review: Mint IPA and the Dark Knight Rises

Beer Log:
At Alamo Drafthouse on Mason, watching The Dark Knight Rises, thirsty as hell after Jiu Jitsu class

Dark Knight Rises
DKR is a pretty good movie.  I just don't think ANYONE can match the seductive performance of Heath Ledger as the Joker in the Dark Knight.  Bane did have some of that Occupy Wall Street feel to it throughout, but whatever. Great movie that had great drama, very dark and very melancholy.  Of course I'm a melancholy guy at heart despite my sense of humor and social nature, so it fits in well with me. Otherwise, the only problem I had was the ending.  In my opinion, it would have had HUGE effect if they just... let's have some beer.


No Label Mint IPA
Amber and cloudy with killer malty and hoppy nose. Had that pine tree thing going on. Taste has a fantastic malt up front, quickly yielding to a serious tangy hop bite. I'm sure there is something like peppermint in there but it only plays a small in the overall pineyness of the drink. Aftertaste is fleeting and the beer finishes dry. A dangerous combo for binging. 4 stars. May be the best No Label yet right up there with Elda M. Milk.  Maybe they really don't need no stinkin' labels.  As a Katy man myself, #GOLOCAL

No comments: