Friday, March 16, 2012

Beerbrotha Sports Review: NCAA Norfolk St. vs Mizzou


Well I can't smoke cigars in the house and we never got around to building that outdoor deck, so let's do the next best thing.

Beer Log: Right now
State: Still fired up with the Norfolk State win

I think this is a 2010 vintage, but I cannot find a date on the bottle. Had to reach waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the cellar for this puppy. The beer smells as sweet and malty as an HBCU victory in the NCAA Tournament. The beer has a Virginia Pine nose like that of a Spartan shield. The beer has a huge foamy head just like the huge win of the Norfolk State Spartans. The first taste of this dark amber beer and it tastes as bitter as Mizzou's loss in the Big Dance. The beer has a nice sweetness to it, very very piney hops but with SERIOUS caramel cookie malt. It's cloying just for a few seconds before the dryness comes out making you want more. Beer so good it makes me think of when my Grandfather was the longtime Dean of Arts and Sciences at Norfolk State. Makes me remember when my Uncles and Aunts went to NSU. Makes me remember when NSU was my #2 choice for Undergraduate education but I chose FAMU, another school in the MEAC conference. High 4 stars!

Black College Ball ALL DAY BABY!!!!

(and Duke is losing too)

1 comment:

John said...

I just want to know the name of the beer? you have gotten me thirsty!