Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jolly Pumpkin Calabaza Blanca

Picked this bad boy up while I was beering it up in St. Louis. Yes I know I am so far behind on blog posts that this may was well be a History book than a beer blog. Anyway, a small toast to HB602 passing the Texas House. Hopefully the Senate and Governor Perry will get 'er done for us.

Beer Log: Right now
State: Eating cheese lover's pizza

Jolly Pumpkin Calabaza Blanca Batch 724
Came out in a bomber and I smuggled it back from this huge beer store in St. Louis. Nose has a huge coriander and orange peel, as well as very estery yeast. Beer is a rather clear and as I take my first sip I also see that the bottle says this is barrel aged and bottle conditioned. Beer has a nice sourness to it reminiscent of pinot grigio, though I'd have to look up which type of barrel they put this in. I put this one right in the kegerator as soon as I got it home as I knew these wheat beers can be a little sensitive to heat. The carbonation is high but not as high as some bottle conditioned ones. High 3 stars.

I have not been blogging but damn have I been beering. Divine Reserves with Cigars, St. Louis brewpubbing, Camp Beer, Cigar city beer, even had some refreshing lagers out in Mexico I never heard of. I have all the notes, just need to write them up. Maybe when I get a break in the action from the job, I'll hit it hard. Holla back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!