Monday, August 16, 2010

Some Sour Ale

Beer Log: Right now
State: Just drank 12 ounces of Saint Arnold Summer Pils

Saboteur Brett Barrel Brown Ale by Odell Brewing
Try saying that three times fast. Drinking this out of my Stella Artois goblet. Brown smooth looking beer with a huge head, as expected with brett (infected beers). On the nose this is so sour it may me shiver all the way to my ankles, no homo. Nose is sour brett and sweet caramel (bourbon). Nice soft beer, with some oak and vanilla. Nice hoppiness. The sourness actually works for me here. An EARTHY sour beer that's working for me. We got this beer in our Rare Beer of the Month club. I think we held it for like a month. Great for a hot day, or for a cold night. I'm getting an apple, maybe cinnamon with it, something like a mix of Granny Smith and Washington Red apples, which the wife made for me when she was trying to get with me 10 years ago when we were still in college. This beer mixes very well together, very soft and low hops. Some sour finish as well. Their website says pineapple, and I can see that. Excellent fricken sour beer. All I need is my Hugh Hefner bathrobe, a couple of sistahs on each arm, and some Good Morning Heartache on Pandora and I'm good to go with this beer. 5 Stars. This is done so well that I could see some wine-makers shooting a guy.

And you know what, I'm thinking that if I ordered a beer like this at a bar, I think that I would look like a cartoon character of myself. "Sir, can I get a barrel aged brett brown ale, with a healthy amount of lacto and hints of vanilla". A lot different than, can I get a beer?

No comments: