Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Kids in Houston, Twisted Pine


Beer Log: Right now
State: Chilling out watching the new True Blood

Twisted Pine Honey Brown Ale
Picked this up in a variety pack after we had their Blonde at the BRC. Great caramel and roast nose. Cloudy brown with tan head. Not bad. Kinda caramel and roasted notes. I get a moderate hops as well, pretty piney. I think that I will be drinking like a fish while watching Boardwalk Empire. The beer here is a pretty basic American Brown. I don't get much in the way of honey, maybe a light lingering sugar going on. Maybe a hint of sour. Low 3 star. Well, these guys on the website are claiming they won on the Gold at the GABF for an ENGLISH Brown Ale in 2000. I would have expected it to be a bit smoother and maltier. But whatever works. 10 years is a long time and they may have evolved, or I'm just wrong.

A little later on...

Twisted Pine Raspberry Wheat Ale
Clear with sediment floating and nice raspberry scented head. High carbonation and light raspberry. A pinch poofy and soft, but not much else to it. Just a basic wheat beer with some raspberry. I get a slight pinch of hops in the aftertaste, but not much. 2 Stars.

No comments: