Tuesday, March 16, 2010


Beer Log: Right Now

State: Chilling out, eating a burger



Dark color with a very thin head. Sugary caramel sweet nose with a dose of chocolate powder. Very smooth, low carbo, good notes of chocolate, malt, and low hops. May be b/c of the age that everything is mellow. We've had this one for many many months. Has some alcohol on the new couple sips with my Saint Arnold winter stout burgers. I like the quick finish, very quick. I'm trying to remember the last time I had an alt, but I alt have another sip. It's like a strong brown ale without any of the cloyingness. Perfect for the bock season. 4 Stars for Widmer's 25th Anniversary.
Moylan's has its work cut out for it.

Moylan's Hopsickle Imperial IPA
Well I love hops, and I'm okay about popsickles. But this one is orangish amber in color, has a poofy white head. Nose is a rathercitrus hops as I turn on the DVR of 24. Great citrus hop character. Plenty of hops in this thing, with probably some orange. Damn that orange is coming through in the aftertaste. And President Hassan's daughter could get it, big time. They have such hot arabic/persian women on this show. The moderately carbonated beer gets a 4 star from me. Two four stars in one night, a rarity.
Ok, now I'm rooting for the Black College Arkansas Pine Bluff against those chumps from Winthrop in the play-in game. PB is up by 11, and I'm loving life right now. Pine Bluff has won the game, fantastic. Black power baby. I'm going to down a Bohemia and walk away.

No comments: