Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dogfish Head and College Football


Beer Log: Right Now
State: Watching NC State taking on the Ol' Ball Coach at South Carolina

Dogfish Head Squall IPA
The head: Big, creamy, amber-white in color.
The nose: strong not overpowering malt, balanced flowery hops
The taste: PERFECT! Nutty, malty, a slight chocolate in the middle, with fantastic strong but not crazy hops. Can't nail down the type of hops, but they fit great. Moderate strong carbonation to cut any chance of cloying malt. Medium mouthfeel, fantastic malty, nutty, hoppy aftertaste.
The rating: 5 Stars out of 5

The Fish have struck once again.

I'm sitting here watching some college football on ESPN, and I just didn't realize how much I missed the game. They actually had some Division 2 Black college football going back to last week, but nobody showed the game. This is fantastic. I've got a BEER that I feel is the reason we are doing this Beer hobby in the first place, and I'm watching college football, AND I'm off from work tomorrow. Does it get any better than this?

No comments: