Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sam Adam's Beer Lover's Choice

So, I've never heard of this before, but apparently Boston Beer Company is letting the consumer's choose their next seasonal in their Beer Lover's Choice. Blackberry Witbier was the winner last year. I don't know what the other beer tasted like, but the Blackberry was only so-so. However, previous winners are some of my favorites (LOVE the Brown Ale):

2005 Brown Ale
2006 Honey Porter
2007 Irish Red
2008 Blackberry Witbier

This year it's between an ale (which I guess is different from the Boston Ale they already have) and a pilsner. There are tastings being hosted around the country to help decide on the 2009 beer. One more reason I wish I was back on the East Cost: no tastings in TX. Oh well...I don't care for pilsners anyway, so maybe it won't matter that I've been disenfranchised because I live in a state that doesn't value craft beer. My only solace is that CA, because of their own jacked up laws, won't be getting any tastings either.

No comments: