Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Kingdom for a Bock

It's already May and I'm wondering, who do you have to sleep with to get some Bocks around here. Spring beers are now getting all cute with the styles, how bout a damn bock.

Beer Log: Right now
State: Really wanting a bock.

Anchor Bock
Smells maple syrupy sweet with a soda grassy hops. Color is a dark amber with a super strong poofy tan head. Taste is a little bready and sour and watery. Did not expect that after the nose. I get just a hint of malt and metal. There is some hops going on but it's kinda grassy and doesn't work for me. The aftertaste leaves my mouth feeling kinda dry and whatnot. Is Don Taylor gonna give an Anchor beer a 2 star? One more draught and that seals the deal, 2 stars.

Maybe I should just shut up and have my Spring beer pilsner laced with lime...

No comments: