Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oktoberfest at Dontoberfest

Hanging out here at my house party, Dontoberfest. Basically this is a little something to help drink up my homebrew beer, my pale ale and IPA. Everyone at least told me they liked them. At first the pale ale and the IPA tasted very harsh and bitter. After a good few weeks of aging in the kegerator, and they are doing very well. Everyone brought along some craft beer, and we laughed it up until late in the evening. Everyone claimed my beer was very good. The beauty of so much beer on tap is that you don't feel bad cooking with it. We used the IPA to boil the brats, then put them on the grill. The Pale Ale went into the queso.

I look forward to doing it again in March.

I kegged my Belgian Wit Beer during the party, but did not carbonate it enough. I was too tipsy to keep filling it with CO2 and shaking it up. I'll let it wait the week to carbonate slowly. Awesome stuff. I even ran a good 4 miles that morning to store up some weightwatcher points. One of my boys messed around and threw a party later on that same night, so I didn't get the turnout I wanted, and we ended up with lots of extra beer and food. Oh well. I'm sure I'll find it a good home. We've got a good 100 bottles or so of craft beer now. I don't know where I'm going to put it all.

While at the party, I had the chance to try another oktoberfest.


Hacker-Pschorr Original Oktoberfest

Amber color, strong light tan head. Light malt and vegetalness of a lager. Not bad. Light malt, like Hofbrau. Low carbo. A slight sourness. It's very very smooth and drinkable. Very nice. 3 Star.

Didn't get in much of a description, as again, we were getting a little tipsy. There are several more craft beers at the house, and I look forward to trying them over time.

No comments: