Friday, August 22, 2008

Beering on Weight Watchers: Lost 6 pounds

How about that!

I've started the weight watchers, and I lost 6 pounds in the first week, going from 242 lbs to 236 lbs. Granted I work out a lot, so I get more points to eat more, but I've lost the poundage while drinking beers like Stone IPA, St. Arnolds Oktoberfest, the Harvest Moon, and Stone's Arrogant Bastard. I even fell off the wagon and blew my weekly points in one night at the Flying Saucer doing a tour of IPAs which pretty much knocked me out of the harsh hops game for a while, I'll explain later. 6 pounds is a bit fast, so I'll make sure I don't over due it start losing muscle mass and bones. Just trying to lose the fat.
So it looks like the system works, and you can have some beer nearly every night and lose fat. You won't be getting drunk as much (assuming you are drinking bigger beers instead of Mich Ultra), but it's all good anyway. My stomach does not have that persistent pudge and I don't have to suck it in when women walk by. I'm only a couple more pounds away from having a flat stomach and wearing my extra-medium Affliction shirts again. Brothas are rocking the extra-medium gear these days. Anyway, I can't find my beer book or I'd outline my recent tastings. Just wanted to brag. Holla.




1 comment:

Lew Bryson said...

Hey: been away most of August, and just getting back to reading my favorites. I lost 70 lbs. on WW...then went off the wagon because I felt so good. In two years, I've gained 30 lbs. back, so I'm getting back on WW next week. Because it really does work. Anyway, the thing I wanted to note was that losing a lot of weight can seriously affect your alcohol capacity; just beware. It took me a couple months before I had a good handle on how much I could safely drink at my new weight.
Congratulations! Stick with it, it's worth it. Looking forward to being on the routine again myself.