Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Tequila Brotha???



So I just knocked down a Sam Adams Pils, and it turns out I have a ton of weight watcher points available. I'm still upset I totally missed Camp Beer II, that it seemed like every beer blogger in Houston went to, I'm just hurt. Combined with the fact that the job has kicked it up a notch, how about we do a little tequila tasting. A few months ago I picked up some Tequila Cazadores . I heard about these guys with their 100% Blue Agave as a sponsor of the UFC. So I made it a point to support these guys with buying all three brands available, the Cristal, the Reposado, and the Anejo. And it's Tuesday, I managed to not have a meeting until about 8:30 tomorrow morning, so why the hell not?





Tequila Cazadores Blanco


A crystal clear spirit that you would think was water if not for the legs. The nose has a wood, pepper, and hot alcohol. As I try to supress a cough on my first sip, I get a citrusy lemon character and peppery alcohol flavor. The tequila does have that burn. I do the drink like they teach you on the cazadores website (sip, inhale, breath out through your nose, swallow, then exhale through your mouth). I like the crispiness of this drink. Has a nice spritzy nature to it. Very clean. The burn is not as bad on the 4th sip. By the way, I promise these are half shots. The last gulp goes down surprisingly smooth, but leaves a tingly feeling on the tongue. 3 out of 5 shots por el Blanco.

Cazardores Reposado
The three aged tequila has a tinged yellow color to it, but still very clear. The nose is about the same as the other tequila, just a touch more on the vanilla side. On taste, take the last one I had and decrease the pepper but increase the sweetness just a pinch. The spirit is a little more volatile, a touch more on the burn. The special drinking method, I get more of the oak flavor out of it. The last shooter of liquid has a pinch of burn near the bottom of the esophagus, enough to put some hair on your chest. 3 out of 5 shots.

Well, gotta cut this short. Will hit the aged tequila next time. Holla.

No comments: