Sunday, September 21, 2008

Punkin Ale


First off, the Houston Texans suck. Matt Schaub needs to be sat down. The picture on the left is fitting for the Texans Quarterback. Moving on.

September 21, 2008
State: Wishing I could sell my season tickets

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale
Strong tan head sitting pretty on top of a brown beer. Smells of pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Put in my dimpled glass. Oh yeah. Brown ale fullness. Can taste the pumpkin, as it has that pumpkin character. I get the cinnamon and brown sugar. Maybe the nutmeg in the aftertaste. Lightly hop but a little high on the carbonation. Tastes a little roasty as well on the next draught, with a little bitterness at the back of the palate. A high three star and would be 4 if not for that bitterness. I like it b/c it does not taste like a pumpkin pie. But this is a great beer with more body than your normal Fall beer. Just ate an orange, and the roasted breadiness comes out now. You know what, this one is a 4 starer. Definitely the best Fall Beer I've had so far, and it blows away the other Pumpkin ales. Not too hard core, just right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I picked this up the other day, and my reaction was that it was more of a spiced brown ale than anything else. I didn't get much pumpkin off it, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. (A little pumpkin goes a long way)

Long story short: the wife thinks it's her new favorite fall seasonal.. And wine is her drink of choice.

Geoff