Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moylan's Moylander


Ah, some new stuff to Houston. California brewed Moylan's. Enough with the fluff.

Beer log: Right now

State: Still a little dehydrating from my run a few hours ago, watching Bridezilla on DVR, gotta Pastor Manning on the youtube



Finally a double IPA just for the Dad. Nice strong head smelling of moderate caramel malt with piney hops. Copper Color. Medium bodied, strongly hopped, strongly malted, serious Double IPA worthy of my time. This is what we need. The aftertaste is a little icky and could be a little crisper, and it gets a little gritty feeling on the tongue after it goes down. But with 22 ounces clocking in at 8.5% ABV (basically I'll be drinking nearly 5 Bud Lights in 45 minutes, just what the doctor ordered), you won't really notice after a while. The carbonation is pretty high as well. If I could get past this aftertaste I would put this one on a high 4 star pedestal. High 3 Stars.

No comments: