Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beer and Weight Watchers


Well I'm offshore, which means no beer for 2 full weeks. The only way I manage it is that no one has any beer around me out here or women, so I don't think about either. Secondly, I know I can tour some nice bars in Houston and wherever the wind takes me on my time off, probably Charlotte, NC this time.


The wife is planning on starting Weight Watchers, and I'm going to do it with her. One for solidarity, and two, I could stand to lose a good 30-40 lbs of fat myself. Genetics and beer usually causes me to balloon up after I do a marathon or complete some other physically assaulting task. I still workout about 5 times a week, so I hope I won't need to change much there.
I saw a WW chart, and it only says non-alcoholic beer (1 point) and light beer (2 points).
I simply REFUSE to stop drinking beer, PERIOD. One, I am this close to having a kegerator, two, I'm homebrewing, three, I'm at the point where I think I could be a low level BJCP judge with a little more studying.
And if these chumps at WW think I'm going to drinking Michelob Ultra, they can kiss my entire ass. I don't care if I'm just eating holy wafers and bubble gum, I will not stop drinking the IPAs, Dark Ales, Pilsners, Barley Wines, and pretty soon Oktoberfests and Pumpkin Ales. And it won't be just one pint a week either. Please let me know if you know of a WW point system for real beer, otherwise, I will develop one myself. Let's ee how it goes. I'll be starting WW some time after I get back onshore.

1 comment:

Ms. Aisha said...

If WW is like it used to be, the book has some points ready, but you can assign points to anything that has fat, calories, protein, and/or fiber. So, to get the points for your beer, you need to get the nutritional value from a site like calorieking.com. If you can't find your exact beer, find the type of beer or a similar beer and estimate the values. You use that to calculate the points. That's the nice thing about WW is that you can eat whatever you want, as long as you keep track of it. They have some other flex plan too that doesn't require counting points. I'll tell you about it when you get home.

Bottom line: You can drink beer, but you have to trade those calories for something else.