Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Some IPA from Tampa



So the wife just handed me a Cigar City Jai Alai IPA just as I was finishing my Firestone Walker Pale Ale. That is soooo sweet. Good woman there.

Beer Log: Right now
State: Just had some great steak and FW Pale, watching The Borgias on DVR.

Nose has a great grapefruit and fruitiness to it. I'm getting something akin to nail polish as well on the nose. Could be my imagination. Rather cloudy and orange with a big white soft head (no homo). Beer has a fruity thing going with a bunch of bitters and some sours going own. The beer has a light chalky thing going on. The beer is about as bitter as can be without being what I could call hoppy. Lots of grapefruit malt and citrus everywhere. Not sure where to take this one. Has a light bready finish, yet still rather sugary sweet. It's just like the sport of Jai Alai. Cool to watch but damned quirky. High 3 stars.

1 comment:

Beer Drinker Rob said...

http://www.dailybeerreview.com/2010/08/jai-alai-india-pale-ale.html Please link to the blog post the picture comes from and give attribution to DailyBeerReview.com when you use my photos. Right now, you link to a blogspot link, not my blog. Thanks.