Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful time of the Beer

Sitting here today just incredibly butthurt over the last two weekend's sporting events. FAMU lost to Bethune Cookman with my BCU alum Mother-in-Law talking big ish the entire time while we were at the game in Orlando. Ga Tech just bent over and took it against U(sic)GA today. And Norfolk State just laid down in the playoffs representing our conference, pushing our MEAC conference even further to the back of the bus. Help us Matt Leinart, you're our only hope. Let's get some beer.

Gnommegang
A collaboration beer with Ommegang and La Chouffe. I love both of these breweries' beers, so I'm looking forward to this one. Nose has a light banana and sour candy scent to it. Tinged straw color and a pinch cloudy. Taste, oh lord yes. Big banana, green apple jolly rancher, and a pinch of peppery alcohol. Maybe it's b/c I'm upset about the foolishness of the football games, but this is fricken awesome. Upon more tasting I get a pinch more alcohol, but it works well. A great belgian blonde ale that if they told me was a trippel I would believe it. A little more complex with maybe something like reminds me of churros (of all things). I'm giving this one the big 5 Stars. All the way to the core, this beer hits the mark. If it weren't for the fact that there was a baby in this house, I'm talking about drinking this one by the case.


No comments: